Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I read this book since it was being compared to Gone Girl and Before I Go to Sleep. It's also been on the NY Times Best Sellers for 12 weeks now and that got me convinced to read this.


Photo from goodreads.com

I found this book generally fast-paced. I got confused at first with the dates but when it was easy to get the hang of it. There were three narrators for this book. With that in mind, I didn't feel like there were three persons narrating. They sounded the same and talked the same so it got boring in some places.

What I like about this book is that I couldn't predict the outcome at all. Unlike with other thrillers and suspense, this has kept me on my toes until the last few pages. Human emotions and relationships were realistically conveyed, capturing the dark essence of humanity.

I still like Gone Girl better. Maybe because I read that first and I had such high expectations with this book. That said, this is still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment